Saturday, March 6, 2010

Scrap baby quilt for a friend..

Murch, who lived down the hall from me senior year, and was a Whiff with C, and his lovely wife, Susan, are having a baby!
They were married just months after us, and I made them a quilt for their wedding....
When I found out they were having a baby, I waited and waited to find out the gender (GIRL!) and then searched through all my old scraps, and found some strips of blocks from their wedding quilt...
I added those strips to some juvenile print (animals in purples, blue and yellow), and here's what I came up with:

In the time it took to go get the camera, a kitty found it.

I really like the contrast, and I think it'll be neat to coordinate with the grownup quilt (which was a fence rails design)

lots of long straight lines...

the back is just a square of vintage-y striped cotton...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda said...

How wonderful! What a treasured gift this will be:)
Warmly
Linda