Friday, April 9, 2010

musings...

I tried to do some quilt blocks tonight, but it's hard to piece when you can't iron...

so I decided to crochet, but it's hard to crochet when something is on top of your yarn...

so I'm calling it a night...

I'm planning out a wallet design in my head... something toddler proof, as the Bean is madly in love with removing everything from my wallet, and I'm missing 2 credit cards! (they must be somewhere in the house, but I'm not sure where she put them!)

I really like some aspects of this tutorial... and I like the oilcloth used here... and I like the vertical layout in this pattern...

but none of those are really toddler proof... right now I have a Hobo wallet, (sorta like this one), and I LOVE IT. I've had it for several years, and it's a little scuffed and faded, but still awesome. however, I think I need to shelve it for a while, until the Bean can leave cards alone...

I bought this today at Target, LOVING the zipper aspect, but, upon reflection, not really loving any other aspect of the wallet...

SO... I started musing... I like the snap frame of my current wallet...

and then I started thinking about buckles, and how to buckle it safe from my daughter, but still fast and easy for me... and maybe functional and stylish, not just industrial...

so here's what I'm thinking now... I just need to call for pricing/quantity (I might get 2-5 for future attempts...but I don't need 50)... I like the super narrow, 5/8" silver buckles... maybe with leather, maybe with old jeans... not sure design-wise, yet, but at least I've maybe solved the toddler-proofing part of the equation...

No comments: