Tuesday, July 13, 2010

baby quilts for a friend's twins...

tada!

here's the finished product...
a friend from when I did Stroller Strides just had twins, and to celebrate their first 100 days (a Korean tradition?), they had a lovely little party... I made these coordinated blankets for the little ones...
blue for Bennet
pink for Brooke....
I had the ruffle fabric and the minkee backing in my stash already, so all I had to do was get coordinating B&W fabric for the top.... C did the lettering design for me, so then it was just a matter of blanket stitching all the letters down, using my ruffle foot to attach them, and sewing it up... two big (45" squares) blankets in about 4 hours of work!
the back is super awesomely soft light blue minkee (the pink trim has flecks of baby blue, so it matches, I swear!), which I also used at xmas time to make scoodies...
here's a close-up of part of Brooke's name
and of Bennets...

Posted by Picasa

No comments: