Thursday, May 27, 2010

gosh, it's been a while!

I've been on my laptop lately instead of on my sewing machine...
I'm working on a top-secret birthday present for my sweetie...
here's a little sneak peek:

I finally got it stitched out tonight (49 minutes of machine embroidery! probably the longest design I've ever done)

while I waited for that to happen (cause, of course, I did a tester first, which means I was waiting by my machine for 1.5 hours), I altered a bunch of the Bean's onesies into t-shirts... she's so tiny, even the 6-9mo tops still fit width wise, they're just not long enough to snap under her cloth diaper.... so I cut off all the snaps, and zip-zap-zopped them through the serger (with pink thread!), so now she has about 15 *new* shirts...

gotta love quick and easy fixes, especially when they're cute and free!

I also FINALLY stopped procrastinating on this one project... I made this dress about a year ago (purposely too big, cause babies outgrow things too quickly for me to want to sew newborn-ish stuff), and it's about ready to fit her, maybe...

but I'd never sewn on the closure at the top (*hand sewing* iew ick!)...

so, today, the Bean and I looked at buttons, and chose this little one with an apple on it, and then I opened up the other side seam, stuck in a piece of elastic, and resewed it. It took all of 3 minutes of work, MAYBE, so I'm not sure why I waited so long... but it's done now, and it looks cute, and maybe tomorrow I'll actually try it on her...

I also did as much as I could (on my serger, so no topstitching) of this week's Frock By Friday shirtdress... of course, I wasn't paying super close attention, so I cut a big chunk of the front off... Might have to go buy more fabric if I can't figure out a pretty way to fix it... maybe ruffles... oooooohhh...

Oh, and I'm at 29 finished (of 64?) string blocks, and 30-something crochet squares, so I'm on track/ahead of schedule so far on my long-ish term projects. Yay me!

No comments: