Monday, May 25, 2009

I love Seersucker!


I've been on a seersucker kick since I got inspired by the shirt-dresses over at Made (see previous posts for links). so here's another shirt-turned-baby-outfit. it's an old Ralph Lauren Polo, so the back of the romper used to be the front of the shirt. I followed a pattern for the directions, but then changed the look a lot by putting the 3 tucks in the front and making the ruffle sleeves. they're elastic. I liked the daintiness of that more than just doing an overall strap. I edged it all in black on my serger, and left the overlock showing, cause I like that accent... plus that way it matches D's sailor pants. I dunno if these will fit her yet, I'm guessing another month or two... I'll add pics of the bean in this when I can....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's seriously cute and looks so neat.