Thursday, May 21, 2009

My first hat!

Made from scraps, hence the lighter seersucker 1/2 brim. I didn't finish the edges; in fact, I snipped them, so hopefully, over time, they'll fray like a ragged blanket? it's reversible, the other side is all the same turquoise seersucker... I wish I had put the mismatched part on the other side from the embroidery... oh well!
I made up the pattern ALL BY MYSELF, so I'm super proud of it, even if it did take 3+ hours to make such a simple hat!
I think I will be faster next time, with a few alterations to the pattern...
My silly son has a GIANT head, and I haven't been able to find youthful sunhats for him... plus this one will match his sailor pants! I'm making another pair in the darker turquoise seesucker, cause the lighter seersucker is too light, it looks more like polished cotton until you're close up, maybe because it's a home dec remnant?

No comments: