Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Perfect Summer Dress

I cut into the DS fabric from Joanns (I only bought a 1/2 yard of this one, and of 2 others), and combined it with some red Swiss Dot scraps to make this:

She wasn't super psyched about being a model, so these are all "action" shots, but hopefully you'll be able to see how cute it is....

it's my version of this Tea Collection dress... I think I need to make a bunch more.

Half a yard is JUST enough (when combined with other scraps for sleeves), to make a summery, short, peasant-dress with pockets (round bottomed, diagonally set, with grosgrain ribbon decorating the tops)

pretty cute, huh? (both the dress and the child)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Adorable! The dress is so cute & comfy too. Those big brown eyes could melt anyone!

Katie said...

If you need to make a Cici sized one, I don't mind at all! :)