Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bees Knees/Square Dance

I made this quilt before I had a blog... It was from a kit, purchased because a) I love the fabric, b) I wanted to try my hand at circles, c) it was small enought to not be intimidating. Anyway, D still LOVES it, as do I, so as I was outside photo-ing the new baby quilt, I thought I'd post this one too.

One of the things I love about quilting/sewing/creating is that mistakes are never horrible. Fixes are the best part of something homemade. It adds character, and stretches creative thinking.
Here you can see, somehow I lost a block (it never turned up! perhaps a dog ate it?) so I used scraps to crazy quilt piece a new block.

The quilt has enough going on that it's not really noticeable, but it makes me happy.

I quilted around each block as if I were a bee, zigging and zagging and loopdelooping all around in a spiral to get to the center...

here's the backing, it didn't come in the kit, but it's a navy/bright red fine print floral on a white background.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: