Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hats for Kat

As I think I said before, my friend Kat needs some things knitted up for her photography business... so tonight I worked on some hats... she chose the yarn (fun bulky brown yarn with a variegated twist of blue/green/beige)...

I knitted these up with size 11 needles...

this top one has a straight top, no decreasing... (makes it look almost like it is a hat with bear cub ears)

below shows the same hat, but with the brim rolled up

and here's one with normal decreasing...

the doll's head makes it look really pointy, even though it isn't...

see? not pointy.

the top one has about 2" of 2x2 ribbing, but I didn't bother on the second one. The yarn is so bulky it doesn't show, and the needles are big enough that I don't think the stretch factor will be necessary...

now if only all kids/moms can be well enough to have a playdate, I can hand everything off to her!

No comments: