Monday, February 22, 2010

various bits...

My husband is very Irish, so I decided to put a little bit of effort into decorating for St Pat's day.

Tada! yup, I am NOT a decorator.

But I am proud of that wreath! it's made out of coffee filters, I just glued them onto a circle cut out of a paper bag, and tied that to a wire wreath frame... I taped the shamrocks to the door, and to the wreath frame... I hope to continue changing the wreath to suit the seasons... not sure if Easter will be eggs or rabbits or...

Here's a sneak peek at my latest boy applique project...

the car will be on one pocket, and on the other pocket:

the tow truck!

like this! I ironed on the pieces using wonder under, but I don't trust that stuff at all, so I've already done all the blanket stitching and thread painting on these, and they look super cool... Now I just need to make the garment, but I'm totally a wimp who's afraid of the dark, so I don't want to go out to the garage tonight to find good colored thread for my serger. this can get sewn tomorrow night...

Oh, and here's the finished Dutch flag onesie for baby Oscar... hopefully he likes it...

And today I did my block of the week for the Modify Tradition Quilt Along... pics here...

No comments: